Why Programming/Coding Problems?
Solving coding problems can be a lot of fun and comes with a lot of benefits:
- Working on coding problem can help you sharpen both your coding and problem-solving skills.
- Working on coding problems allows you to practice writing efficient code.
- Working on coding problems ehances your algorithm understanding and motivates you to learn a lot of algorithms! Further, it also gives you insight in terms of being able to choose the right algorithm for a given problem.
- Regularly solving problems will help you remain updated with the latest algorithm and problem solving techniques since this is an ever-evolving area.
- Finally, once you are familiar with the basic patterns, you will find solving problems to be a lot of fun!
Help with Interview Preparation!
Most of the technology companies have an coding-interview as part of their interview process. Being able to solve problems asked during an interview can help you land your dream job and thus, make a big impact in someone's life.
Regularly solving coding problems can help in the interview in many ways:
- First and foremost, being able to solve a problem asked in an interview demonstrates your technical competence which is the main reason for an interview.
- Practicing coding problems regularly means that you would be more familiar with the pattern of problem being asked in the coding interview.
- If you practice coding problems, then it can also help you manage your time in the interview since you would be able to write solutions faster.
- If you have a lot of practice, then you would write code more confidently in an interview and the interviewer will be able to see that.
- If you are good at solving probnlems, then it shows that not only are you a good programmer but you are also a good problem solver.